Under the overall supervision and guidance of the General Support Services Officer and as part of a team of administrative assistants the incumbent shall be responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative and logistical support to the Chambers, namely, the Pre-trial Chamber, Trial Chamber and the Supreme Court Chamber, the Judicial Offices, namely, Office of the Co-Investigating Judges, the Office of the Co-Prosecutor and the Defense Support Services Section. The Administrative Assistant may be assigned to one or more Office, as necessary, from time to time. He/She shall perform a wide range of office support and administrative functions that include,
• Prepare or draft responses to routine correspondence and other communications; use standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
• Assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
• Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
• Screen phone calls and visitors; respond to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refer inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
• Provide secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
• Maintain calendar/schedules; monitor changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
• Review, record, distribute and/or process mail and other documents; follow-up on impending actions.
• Update and maintain large distribution lists; monitor, prepare and distribute various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handle arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinate shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
• Perform general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.).
• Maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
• Assist in providing software and office equipment support.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
During the interview, candidates will be asked to demonstrate that they possess the following competencies:
• Professionalism – Knowledge of general office and administrative support including administrative policies, processes and procedures. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
• Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.